#angelinajolie, #atelierversace, #bernicebejo, #eliesaab, #esperanzaspalding, #gwenethpaltrow, #johannajohnson, #mallorymoody, #mashable, #mayarudolph, #millajovovich, #octaviaspencer, #socialmedia, #socialmedia490, #tadashishoji, #tomford
The Oscars was very creatively thought out this year. I loved the popcorn girls coming down the isles, and the ways in which they announced each category. Needless to say, the Oscars was covered just as diligently as the Superbowl was. The ratings in social media alone were outstanding. Before I go into who I think deserves “Best Dressed,” let’s take a look at the social media ratings I found on Mashable.
“The following moments represent the five busiest individual minutes of the awards show, based on social media activity.”
- Octavia Spencer wins Best Supporting Actress: 31,216 mentions per minute.
- Opening montage: 30,488 mentions per minute.
- Cirque du Soleil performance: 30,102 mentions per minute.
- Meryl Streep wins Best Actress: 29,978 mentions per minute.
- The Artist wins Best Picture: 28,645 mentions per minute
I am not at all surprised to see about Octavia Spencer, as she won so many awards at all of the other awards shows this year. I am also, not surprised because on my facebook alone, I saw countless posts from my many friends at Auburn University about Octavia saying “War Eagle” and thanking the state of Alabama.
Now for what I think are this years, “Best Dressed”: